Proof of Residency
The following will be accepted as valid proof of residency:
- Notarized lease
- Mortgage Deed
- Real Estate Closing Papers
- Real Estate Tax Bill
- Current Utility Bill (Gas, Electric, Cable, or Water)
- Homeowners or Renters Insurance
- Current Public Aid Card
Parents who reside with relatives or other individuals in the District should complete the affidavit form available at the Central Office as well as two proofs showing name and address of present homeowner. Parents must also complete a residence affidavit.
Health Requirements: Physical examination and Immunization record are required. Students transferring form an Illinois School must present prior to the first day of school. Students from out of state or out of country have 30 days to meet the mandated requirements.
Transfer of Records
Students transferring from another Illinois district should request transfer of their records to District 220. In the case of transfer students, a period of 30 calendar days, beginning with the first day of school attendance, shall be given to meet these requirements.
Students who have not complied with these policies by the first day of school attendance will be excluded from school until notification has been received by District 220 that the appropriate procedures have been completed.
- A materials fee, established annually by the Board of Education, is required for all students, including those enrolled by District 220 in residential or private placements. These funds help defray the costs of paper, art supplies, and workbooks that the student uses during the course of the school year. In addition, individual schools distribute school supply lists, and parents are requested to provide the items according to their child's grade level. Parents may pay fees at the time of enrollment or online or in person beginning August 6, 2012.
- Students whose families meet the federal income guidelines for free lunch from the previous year's free/reduced lunch program are eligible for fee waivers. Fees will also be waived for students whose parents are receiving ADC and those under DCFS or any foster home placement.